From wines to make-up and cakes to colours – we’ve asked some of our preferred suppliers about the latest wedding trends for 2015:
1. “The biggest swing we’ve seen in the last year up to now is more winter weddings,” commented GWS Photography. “Couples seem to not want to gamble on good weather.” We couldn’t agree more! And we have a very special winter wedding offer coming soon… Watch this space!
2. “It’s nice to see the Father/Daughter dance making a comeback.” Photographer Derek Christie has taken some fantastic dance photos!
3. Bloomia Florist have noticed that a lot of brides are keen to feature burgundy in their wedding bouquets and decorations this year. “It is a very classic and romantic colour!” However, they caution their wedding clients to follow their hearts, rather than trends.
4. Naked cakes – These were big in 2014 but Liggy’s Cakes have designed a new “polished” version of the traditional naked cake for 2015 which is proving to be a big hit so far!
5. “The big trend in wine is a move towards Sauvignon Blanc, particularly New Zealand and a move away from Pinot Grigio. With regards to the reds, Malbec is starting to overtake sales of more well know varieties such as Merlot. Basically, people are becoming more adventurous.” Majestic
6. Makeup Artist Natalie said, “I’ve noticed a big trend in back to basics, a focus on a natural look that’s all about glowing skin, neutral tones and allowing a bride’s natural beauty be the centre of attention on the big day. With the help of some individual false eyelashes of course!”
We’d just like to echo the brilliant advice of Bloomia Florist and encourage couples to “follow their hearts, rather than trends.”